Thursday 8 August 2013

my favourite: birth

I know a lot of people might find this one hard to believe, but it is so true my soul sings for it.

Now don't misunderstand, I'm not talking about labour. Labouring is hard work. I had six hours of seriously fast and furious labouring and I kicked and screamed my way through it, stuck in bed on monitors. But when at long last they told me to start pushing, the world slowed. I calmed, my breathing regulated and I stopped screaming. I focused all of my attention inwards and though they tell me it took an hour, it felt so much faster. I opened my eyes to see a little squishy, brand new face staring up at me with eyes full of wonder. In that moment there was nothing but he and I, and I felt absolutely on top of the world because I knew that I had done it all by myself. I had brought that sweet little soul into the world with no physical help from anyone. I am so pumped to do it all over again, to meet our new adventurer and start our new chapter. To know that I have successfully grown and brought into the world two beautiful souls is a joy only a momma bear knows. That feeling - that is my favourite.


No comments:

Post a Comment