Wednesday 31 July 2013

it all falls into place.

Things have been hectic around our neck of the woods over the past few months, to say the least. From an unreliable friend letting us way down, to a drop in Kyle's working hours - things had been in the wind and unsure and just generally chaotic. We weren't really sure where we were going for a while, and spent a lot of time just trying to plant our feet firmly on the ground.

The winds have changed of late, though. The clouds are blowing clear and the sun is starting to shine on us again. After two years and next to no appreciation followed by some serious mistreatment on behalf of his employers, Kyle left his job. He's found a new job with better pay, better benefits and a better, more predictable schedule. Hearing the happiness and excitement in his voice when he told me the news made my heart soar - he has been so miserable at his job and I'm glad better things are coming for him at this new place.

In addition to this, my mom has moved out of the apartment we've shared for the past year and a half. She's down sizing, and we're taking over her lease. We have our own space, and are currently in the process of making it ours - at least for the time being. You might notice I'm a bit less active here for a while while we get things set up, but I do have some posts scheduled for the first week of August that will be here even if I am not.

I feel really good. I feel positive, I feel blessed, I feel hopeful. I no longer feel this horrible urge to control everything, or sit around wishing things would hurry up or slow down or be different. We still don't know 100% where we're going but I have grown to love that. I don’t need to plan. I don’t need to have it all figured out. We are together and we are not just surviving, but thriving together and growing wild and beautiful. That is more than I could have ever hoped for. I am truly and wonderfully blessed to have such a sweet and glorious soul as my partner in life and love, and to have grown two beautiful little Cubs with him.
Our life is messy, and it is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment